Thursday 8 March 2012

International Women's Day: March 8, 2012

I didn't approve of the anodyne Google Doodle today.  It perfectly represented the idea that the only sure way to avoid causing offence is to say nothing at all.  Blow that for a joke, as dear Grandmama L says.
I am hardly a controversial poet. I write about boobies, cake and Radio 4.  I write about things that Ladies like, but that Women understand.  Here's my Google Doodle - or Mu Doodle: I know midnight has passed and it's a bit late for International Women's Day, but I'm a Woman: I work full time, raise children, perform poetry in my spare time and try to run a household. Creative things like Art, Writing, sewing costumes or making birthday cakes have to be done instead of sleeping. 

Sometimes I write about being a bit tired.  But I do hope you like my Doodle.

1 comment:

  1. Yes. As a lady, I do 'like', and as a woman I do, like, 'understand'. Hmm.
    And the Mu Doodle has jumped into my Desktop background. Thanks, Muriel!

    ReplyDelete